Executive Summary - qüb9 Shipping Container Architecture
Executive Summary - qüb9 ARCHITECTURE: Shipping container converters + fabricators of modular and portable buildings, structures
PORTABLE + MODULAR + SUSTAINABLE
Qüb9, Inc. (qüb9 “cube9” ) is a converter and fabricator of ISO intermodal shipping containers in Rochester, New York. The company fabricates:
· permanent and temporary modular buildings / architecture
· portable pop-up, small business and experiential marketing platforms
· CLEANspaceTM decontamination units, waste water labs, offices
qüb9 fabricates both stock and custom structures while providing optional design, engineering, architecture and installation services. Distribution throughout North America.
qüb9 is a privately held, woman-owned, New York entity.
qüb9's "Mission" is simple: "create durable, noteworthy, flexible and affordable structures that deliver immediate and sustained returns-on-investment”
· Portable pop-up retail shops, boutiques, food service, cafés, marketing platforms
· Guerilla / experiential marketing, immersive branding activations
· Consulting, design, deployment
· Commercial, Mixed-Use, Multi-Family, Auxiliary, Add-on structures
· Consulting, design, project management, installation / integration
· CLEANspaceTM asbestos / lead abatement worker decontamination shower units; OSHA, NYSDOL compliant, HAZWOPER
· ANUA® portable wastewater and water-quality labs, offices
· Job-site offices, meeting spaces, workshops, storage, material handling solutions
· Public safety, command, first responder, emergent-use structures, holding
· Consulting, design
· Neighborhood / small business development
· Community service / outreach platforms; temporary or permanent
· Consulting, design, project management, installation / integration
qüb9 EVENT / MARKETPLACE:
· Sound, stage, conditioned talent spaces / green rooms, recording / practice
· Portable vending / food service solutions
BUSINESS AND INDUSTRY DATA:
· DUNS: 080107128
· EIN: 47-3904550
· SIC: 3441; 3448
· NAICS: 332311, 344801, 34480101, 4460403, 327390, 321992, 321212, 3141919, 217390, 344699,
· GSA: accounts vary by product
KEY VALUE PROPOSITIONS:
1. Precision, Strength, Durability: qüb9 containers are certified structurally and dimensionally compliant to ISO. Robotically fabricated of special corrosion resistant steel, qüb9 containers yield a lifetime of rough-use service and exposure. The structural integrity of qüb9 structures eclipses that of conventional buildings, materials and methods.
2. Economy of Process: Because qüb9 products are primarily intended as conditioned spaces, they share about 90% of the same production processes. This affords company deliverables of exceptionally high-quality workmanship at rates 20%-40% lower than would-be competitors.
3. Exoskeletal LEGO®bility: qüb9’s implementation of BLOX-methodTM delivers 3 valuable features to modular architectural components:
· Permits execution of elevated, bridged, cantilevered and high aspect ratio building design elements.
· Creates snap-in-place simplicity, reducing building installation time to days.
· Site work/foundation expenses are reduced to a fraction of conventional.
4. Building Performance IP: qüb9 acquired container-specific energy technologies from Genesee Tank & Container in 2014. After testing of conventional materials revealed significant gaps in both calculated and stated performance metrics, Genesee developed sustainable, BECP compliant, applications and performance standards.
5. Reduced Overhead / Cost of Sales: In 2015, qüb9 purchased Genesee assets only. After retooling and integrating acquired technologies, qüb9 sought to construct a reduced overhead, flexible business model that mirrored the features of their pop-up products – much of qüb9’s physical plant operates from specialized, portable, container-based job-shops. Container offices coming soon!
BLOX-SystemTM and BLOX-MethodTM are trademarks of Genesee Container Co. and qüb9, Inc.
LEGO® is a registered trademark of The LEGO Group
DESIGN / ENGINEERING / ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES:
Note: Fees are typically credited back upon placement of order.
Schematics: 2D/3D modeling, rendering;
Government, contractor relations;
Site work, establish grade, supervision;
Mail, Printing, Copying;
Professional services; require Services Agreement and NDA:
Professional Services: Licensed Architect(AIA) and Structural Engineer(PE) on staff
Interior/Ergonomic Design: Designer(ASID) on staff & fixtures, furnishings, lighting
Structure Design Services: Designer on staff utilizing CAD, BIM, 2D/3D platforms
Graphic Design: Designer on staff utilizing Illustrator, PhotoShop, Serif DrawPlus
Graphics Output: Paint, Vinyl, Sublimation, Plasma cutting
Marketing/Demographics: In-house consulting, contract
Footers/Foundations: on staff; contract excavating, owner’s Engineer
Construction: General carpentry, steel framing, finish
Roofing: On staff, limited to RIM elastomeric coatings and membrane over ISO
Energy: Proprietary applications; spray foam, aerogel, cellulose, coatings, thermal breaks
- HVAC: On staff for ductless mini-splits, air handlers, radiant and space heaters only
- Electrical: On staff for isolated on-board systems only
- Plumbing: On staff for closed onboard systems only
- Photovoltaic: On staff limited to kit installs and upgrades
- Indoor Air Quality: On contract
Fenestration: Full compliment of installations including curtain wall and storefront glass
Structural Steel: In-house fabrication as required, Engineer(PE) on staff
Sheet Metal : Shearing, stamping, forming, 3/16” brake, tube bending, channel brake
Machine Shop: Bridgeport vertical mill, turret lathe, 5-ton press, cold saw, presses.
Welding/Cutting: Certified MIG, TIG, stick; plasma cutting, CNC plasma, oxyacetylene
Metal Preparation: In-house, Certified pursuant to SSPC Surface Preparation Standards
Coatings: In-house pressure pot, single/multi-stage industrial coatings, elastomerics
Casework: In-house: basic mill equipment; face frames, panels, box assembly
Wood Finishing: In-house stain, coatings and simple wood and panel finishing,
- 6600SF of physical plant on 2.8 acre yard, 4-ton jib crane, 8-ton gantry crane, located on active CSX rail spur. Company operates a bonded yard
- Business office and design studio are located downtown Rochester, New York
- All facilities are within 3 minutes of I-490
Retail / Experiential Marketing + Branding:
qüb9 RETAIL delivers to end-users and agencies: pop-up retail and guerilla marketing platforms for immersive branding and experiential marketing strategies. These include boutique shops, bistros, coffee shops, portable event and vending platforms, offices, galleria. Clients receive a fully customized brand experience with optional deployment and activations. 3D project modeling available or, select a stock or customizable product with modifications to fit.
Design + Build:
qüb9 ARCHITECTURE offers both contract design + build of custom commercial, mixed-use, multi-family + specialty container-based structures. We design for stand-alone + integration into conventional structures. Components are available in 1 of 3 phases of completion;
1. container fabrication only;
2. fabrication + building envelope;
3. finished container structure including installations
qüb9 also delivers ready-modular components to developers, general contractors and the DIY marketplace in nearly any phase of completion.
Environmental Service Platforms:
qüb9 ENVIRONMENTAL manufactures industrial-grade OSHA + State compliant HAZMAT decontamination shower units for Asbestos, Lead, Cadmium, Hexavalent Chromium and other filtrations. The company also builds portable HAZWOPER first response modules, customized waste-water labs, offices and other portable environmental solutions serving: industry, institutional, government, demolition, construction and abatement contractors.
HOW TO START:
Select a Product / Line. Call us to discuss your specifications or, retain qüb9 design services – design fees are typically refundable upon event of order. The process is collaborative, fast and efficient. Portable pop-up platforms go from contract to deployment in as few as 60-days. A small modular building can go from construction documents to code-compliant installation in as few as 90-days.
Let qüb9 help you imagine, and then deliver, your next project - anywhere in the world.
PORTABLE + MODULAR + SUSTAINABLE + STRUCTURES